JOB LISTING DETAILS
Classification: Power Plant Operator/Technician
Starting Pay: $22.00 to $30.00 per hour, commensurate with experience
Reports To: Lead Technician
Job Location: Menlo Park
Job Description: Site Technician 1&2 – Entry Level to Experienced. The candidates for these positions should have experience in the operations and maintenance of marine and/or stationary power plants with gas turbine experience.
IPT is seeking two (2) Technicians for its Menlo Park, CA cogeneration plant. One is an Operator position, which is a shift position (12 hour shifts for 7 days every 2 weeks) and the second is for a non-shift gas turbine technician. The Operator position can be entry level, but IPT prefers an experienced gas turbine technician for the turbine tech position. Allison 501 gas turbine experience is preferred for the operators position and is required for the gas turbine technicians position.
Typical Duties: May include, but are not limited to, those duties listed below.
· Performs regular preventive maintenance on plant equipment such as greasing valves, motors or other drive parts, changing oil and making minor engine adjustments.
· Helps install, test, calibrate, and maintain electrical systems and equipment.
· Continually inspects plant equipment and related facilities.
· Performs minor electrical maintenance such as troubleshooting and disconnecting motors and replacing fuses; may assist other mechanics in more complex electrical repairs.
· Operates a variety of test equipment and uses small hand tools in the maintenance and repair of electronic and related equipment and systems.
· Maintains work logs, inventory and equipment control records, and preventive maintenance records and activities.
· Inspects plant equipment.
· Performs services and repairs on tools and power equipment.
· Will assist other plant operators or perform general maintenance work as required.
· May use a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) or other computerized monitoring and operating systems.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, grasping and making repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties. The position also requires both near and far vision when inspecting work and operating assigned equipment. The need to lift, carry and push tools, equipment and supplies weighing up to 100 pounds is also required. Additionally, the technician may be required to work in an outdoor position in all weather conditions, including wet, heat and cold. The nature of the work may also require the technician to climb ladders, use power tools and noise producing tools and equipment, drive motorized vehicles and heavy equipment, work in heavy vehicle traffic conditions and enter confined spaces. Depending on assignment, the technician may be required to respond to after hours emergency call outs and to wear a uniform. A technician may perform assigned duties while wearing respiratory protection equipment and/or Arc Flash safety equipment.
· Major parts of standard drive equipment such as motors and pumps.
· Routine equipment maintenance tasks including greasing, changing oil, replacing parts.
· Basic safety procedures used in manual labor.
· Basic electrical knowledge with an emphasis on electrical safety.
· Identify and appropriately use common hand tools.
· Take and record readings accurately.
· Learn to perform technical procedures and skilled tasks.
· Make sound decisions within established guidelines.
· Follow oral and written instructions.
· Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
· Basic computer skills for data entry
· Complete and maintain accurate records.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
· Work effectively as a member of a crew.
· Act in a courteous and tactful manner with members of the public.
· Observe safety principles and work in a safe manner.
· Safely handle hazardous materials
· Perform assigned duties while wearing respiratory protection equipment.
· Willingness to work flexible hours, including holidays, evenings, weekends, and overtime as assigned.
· Willingness to perform call back work and standby duty as required; must remain available to be contacted by phone or pager and be able to report to work within a reasonable period when standing duty.
· Willingness to wear a uniform.
· Able to pass drug screening and a background check
· Successful completion of all site assigined safety training.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be qualifying. Special certifications applicable to the job a plus and Navy or Merchant Marine experience a plus.
For Operator Position: 1 year of mechanical or electrical experience that includes the routine maintenance of standard drive equipment such as motors and pumps. Operations experience in power plants is preferred.
For Gas Turbine Technician Position: Allison 501 gas turbine experience is a requirement. All levels of capability will be considered but repair and overhaul experience is preferred.
· Possession of and continued maintenance of a valid California Class C driver’s license and a safe driving record.
Interested applicants please respond via our job listing at Monster.com: